Leather Luster Application
Instructions Step by Step
1. Leather Luster Pre-cleaner or General Purpose Lacquer Thinner
2. Cotton, Terry Cloth Rags
3. Leather Luster Polish
4. Fine Steel Wool
THIS MUST BE DONE IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA.
1. Remove all waxes, oils, and dyes from the leather by scrubbing with the Pre-cleaner and rough terry cloth rags.
Note: This must be done until no more color appears on the Rags. Because some leathers contain so many oils and dyes, some may require more than a single can of Pre-cleaner.
2. After step 1, allow it to dry for 10 minutes.
Note: For some of the more popular brands of boots, we have found great success with using a fine sandpaper to lightly buff the leather; it seems to help open the pores of the material.
3. Wipe again with Pre-cleaner and set to dry.
1. Apply a thin coat of Leather Luster. Allow to dry for 4-6 hours. The first coat of Leather Luster will not have any shine.
Note: If possible, place in direct Sunlight, this will aid in drying; DO NOT BAKE THIS PRODUCT.
2. Apply a Second coat of Leather Luster and set to dry.
Note: The First coat of leather Luster must be completely DRY, not tacky at all. If Leather Luster is not completely dry it means that not all oils and dyes have been removed. In that case use pre-cleaner and terry cloth rags to re-scrub the tacky areas, the dry leather luster will not be removed.
3. Once you have 2 good coats, Use the fine steel wool to buff the leather to a smooth even surface.
Note: Some leathers may require 3 coats before buffing.
4. Clean the material to rid all steel wool particles.
5. Apply a coat of leather Luster. If this is your final coat, take your time. Bubbles can be removed by lightly blowing on them.
Note: you can repeat steps 3-5 until the desired gloss is achieved.
6. Spray with common household furniture polish such as Pledge® to maintain the shine.
1.Buff the area with the steel wool pad
2. Apply a coat of leather luster and allow to dry
1. You will need Leather Luster Finish Remover (Item # M00000)
2. Apply Leather Luster Finish Remover liberally to a small section of the shoe.
3. Let sit for 30-60 seconds.
4. The old Leather Luster will coagulate and rise off of the leather.
5. Wipe and/or scrape off old leather luster and repeat until all Leather Luster is removed.